These are the things only an Otaku will understand. Now what is an Otaku? Otaku is basically a Japanese word (duh) which refers to someone who has obsessive interests in things. It is now mostly referred to someone who is obsessed with either manga or anime. The following are the things that an otaku can relate to.
You fall for anime/manga characters real fast.
And you don’t just have one crush. You fall for multiple characters in a single anime even. Take me for an example; I have fallen for Kakashi Hatake, Itachi Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Minato Namikaze and Deidara. I din’t even spare Madara Uchiha. And these are all from the same Anime/manga that is Naruto. I mean look at them!
You start understanding a few Japanese phrases and words.
I mean come on! Every otaku knows the meaning of “gomen” and “senpai”.
- Sometimes you can pinpoint mistakes in the English translation when you’re watching subs.
- You’re always debating someone about subs and dubs.
- Your anime obsession started with the ones you used to watch when you were younger.
Oh you know Pokemon, Beyblade, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, Card Captor, Yu Gi oh! And Bakugan. These are the shows that aired on cartoon network and you being the child you were, watched them with the understanding that they are cartoons. You only realized that was wrong when you understood what animes and manga were. Most of us have also watched Shinchan, Kitretsu and Doraemon even.
- You can pass multiple otaku tests, like spot the main character.It is basically equal to looking for a girl with pink hair among other girls, all with dark hair.
- You know that he colored hair in the anime will look very bad on you in real life.
Trust me, I have tried.
- There are times when you want to go to japan for vacations.
- You cry because sometimes the merchandise isn’t always available in your country so you have to spend a lot of dollars to buy things online. We all know the pain.
- Watching emotional moments in anime always makes you cry.
I mean I bawled like a baby when I watched itachi’s death.
- When you’re sad you watch anime and ultimately become even more sadder.
Because who needs happiness anyway.
- You only make friends who are also interested in watching anime.
Because obviously, with whom would you discuss the power levels of Goku’s ssj4 transformation and Majin Vegeta?
13. Animes and manga make you emotionally stronger and make you believe in the power of friendship and love.
14. You’re single because of your high standards and love for fictional characters.
15. Your parents hate it when you’re stuck watching anime.